The 5th International Symposium on Sediment Management (I2SM) will be held in Montréal, Québec, Canada on July 10 to 13, 2016.
It is being organized by Université de Sherbrooke
and the École des Mines de Douai.
The aim of I2SM is to get together academics, professional figures and public agencies involved in sediment issues to discuss the state-of-the-art. The previous editions were held in Lille (France, 2008), in Casablanca (Morocco, 2010), Alibaug (India, 2012) and Ferrera (Italy 2014).
The major themes covered in the I2SM 2016 symposium are:
- Emerging pollutants in sediments
- Characterization and monitoring
- Sediment and contaminant fate and transport
- Ecological impact assessment and Risk
- Sediment management and Decision-analysis tools
- Natural attenuation, capping and storage of sediments
- Dredging operation
- Mechanical treatments, dehydration, etc.
- Remediation of contaminated sediments
- Beneficial reuse of sediments (civil engineering, environmental restoration, products manufacturing, etc.)
- Policy and sediment quality guidelines.